I have realised since the week has started that this particular theme- Glory and letting God be Glorified has been manifesting itself to me in my conversations, in my devotions and now through song.
1 Peter 4:11 and 1 Corinthians 10:31
"If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11-13
"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." 1 Corinthians 10:31
I was moved to post a blog entry yesterday but unfortunately sleep and work overcame me but the events of tonight has propelled me with a mighty force to post this. May it be an encouragement to all.
It was Tuesday 1st March. I was supposed to be present at a meeting for Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC), but I lay on my bed and said to myself Ten more minutes. Sadly, I left my cupboard doors open and I got up to close them, when I lay down to rest again, I heard a cracking sound. Lo and Behold my glasses! They broke right down the middle.
So we could examine this two ways:
1) If I had gone before instead of delaying, I probably would still have my glasses in tact today.
2) Knowing how dependent upon the glasses I was, the enemy was thinking this would stop me from going to the meeting.
Wrong!!! Glory be to GOD.
I then asked God to be my eyes and be my sight. Let me see through your eyes. It was not by chance that my Morning's devotions was Luke 4:18
When relaying the events to my roomie, she said to me, "Wow you must be really strong in your faith, the enemy is coming at you hard." (Prior events may have led her to think this way).
I had not thought about it in that way but I say Praise be to God for he is always by my side. I did go to my meeting and in the Treasure hunt I was able to find the first clue- "sightless" and I had an awesome time in the presence of God's people in Praise and Worship. "Glory be to God".
On Wednesday, I set out to get a new pair of glasses. Two out of three attempts seemed futile because of my timing. On my third attempt, I found a place that does "walk-ins". Upon reviewing my prescription the Owner of the Store (I presume) said to me, "I don't know how you are seeing without them", I said " I walk by faith and not by sight" even as I'm typing that quotation, the same line was sung in a song, at that very moment!!!! Glory to God!!!!
During my search I did get discouraged, didn't listen to God's directions and I was dismayed. Thanks be to God however, for not leaving me and for still guiding me. If that wasn't enough. I had a class at the appointed hour of 3 and in waiting on the Shuttle Service to get home we were delayed, I got to class 15 minutes before it was finished and I had a presentation to do!!!!
Glory be to God, my lecturer allowed me to do my Presentation, next week!!!! All the Glory belongs to you oh God....
I can indeed say I walk by FAITH and not by SIGHT.
No comments:
Post a Comment